Sunday, April 20, 2008

Editor Updates

Just giving an update on progress so far. I've implemented the following editor functions:

Create New Map
Add New Layer
Save Map
Open Map

Getting these going was more trouble than expected, I had to make custom components for each screen instead of using the pre-made winforms dialogs, but after its all over with I am quite pleased with the results. all four function correctly and continue the graphical style of the editor.

I've added some screenshots that show the new components on screen.


Next feature on my agenda is adding support for creating NPCs in the editor, I'll be implementing a new editor component that allows input for the NPC's name, script file, if they are quest holders or vendors, gender and which graphic to use.

I'll post again once the component is ingame.

No comments: