Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Equipment in Combat

I've made some considerable progress with the inventory screen. I've added a weapon and shield to the inventory that is equipable in the correct slots and has a considerable effect on combat. the weapon increases the attack stat of the player and the shield increases the defense stat of the player.

as promised, with that done I'm uploading a new video to blip that demonstrates the new items in use, including the previously mentioned potions.

for the meantime the items are all using temporary graphics I found until the proper ones get made up.

next step I'm going to implement dodging/blocking and critical strikes to combat. All thats really left to implement in the game engine is the Quest system, Map screen and Save/Loading of actual game progress as well as putting the last finishing touches on the combat system.

Some of that though I won't actually implement until I start making the actual game maps which means waiting on graphics for now. I'm still in need of creating the majority of tiles needed to produce proper maps.

So stay tuned for the next post which should finally be the completion of the combat engine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exciting :P Almost done with your engine, the only thing thats left is the 'creation' aspect of the game world. Depending how big you plan on making it, that could be a long process though, but fun!

Good to see the progress!

Anonymous said...

yeah, its going to be huge. I'd say I'm not going to be done with the game until at least the beginning of next year. I should have a demo out before then though.