Saturday, May 17, 2008

More GUI features

I've gone ahead and implemented working status, skills and spells screens to the game as well as the start of an inventory screen, all accessed via the drop down main menu.

The status screen displays all the stats relating to the player which is quite a lot now. The skills and spells screens will eventually show complete talent trees allowing selection and exploring of all abilities the player can learn, much like WoW or LOTRO. Currently I've only created 3 different abilities so thats all it shows at the moment.

I've also added the ability to select the ability or spell and place it in any of the action bar slots so yeah, the actionbar is now customizable instead of just being the 3 created abilitys in a row.

I've also created the shell of an inventory and equipped items screen but it currently does not function any more then displaying itself, that will be the next job on my list to do.

I'm uploading a new video to demonstrate the additions as well as the NPC Pathing. I'm going to try a new video host this time which should give a better picture quality as youtube kinda ruined my vids by making them poor quality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Testing commmenting, that it actually works